Inbound customer acquisition marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospects’ attention. Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes the company easy to be found, and draws customers to the website by producing interesting content. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbound_marketing
When you have the choice of watching a commercial or fast-forwarding to the show, would you watch the commercial? Most people surveyed would not. Push or outbound advertising is annoying and purposely disruptive, while Inbound marketing is permission-based and available when you want it.
There are three premises:
- Reach potential customers through mediums in which they have given you permission to communicate.
- People are asking questions and searching for answers— answer their questions and make it available throughout the channels they search.
- Make it a seamless Omnichannel journey
Here are some best practices for an inbound marketing strategy:
- Buyer personas are key to personalizing your content
- Create an editorial calendar and publish regularly on all channels
- Write awesome content
- Blog about your answers and include links
- Build strong landing pages that convey your value
- Use social media to fortify page ranking and key word search
- Use automation to nurture and validate prospects
Of course, it’s not this simple and you will have to find what works for your business. But if you include this channel in your marketing mix, your efforts will pay dividends. Contact The Digital Marketing Shop for a no obligation consultation on creating an inbound marketing program.